Friday, June 3, 2011

Reversing it ....by Jack Sh*t....one of my favorite blogs I follow

Reversing It

Welcome to "Same Old Sh*t" Saturday, where I repackage some older posts and pawn it off as something new and original. A lot of my posts get their start on the elliptical or on the stationary bike at the gym. I'm chugging along, my mind wandering, and I'll hit on something that I think is interesting. If the thought stays with me all the way through my workout, shower and trip back to the office, then I take it and run with it (if I can). You'd be surprised at how many posts I start and can't get enough traction to finish. Anyway, this one stuck around for over a month, just because I liked the idea but couldn't seem to make it work. Then, late one night, I came back to it and finished it in about twenty minutes. Sometimes that's the way it goes. This one did get a very nice reaction.
I will always be fat
And I refuse to believe that
I can lose this weight
I do
I realize that isn’t the way most people think but
“Eating to live instead of living to eat”
That’s just not working out, and I truly believe
Eating what I want will make me happier in the end
It’s just a big fat lie, thinking
Being fit is the most important thing in my life
Now I understand that
Making myself happy with food
Is more important than
Making myself healthy with food
And this much is true:
People are succeeding at losing weight every day
But I know in my heart this will not be the case for me
This could wind up killing me
Doctors tell me
I will shorten my life and steal time away from my family
Right now it doesn’t seem possible that
I can change my ways and be fit for the rest of my life
This is what I believe:
This journey is just too tough for me
I don’t want to even consider the fact that
I can control the causes of my shortcomings and my failings
It’s just a fact of life that
People like me are weak-willed and lazy
And it’s ridiculous to believe that
I will lose weight and be healthy

That’s how I used to think; then I chose to reverse it (read from the bottom up).

No comments:

Post a Comment