Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Protein Shake

I am the first to say that I am a big fan of protein shakes.  Understand they are NOT all the same. They don't look the same, taste the same, more importantly perform the same. Some are loaded with fat and or sugar for taste, be careful of that trap. Finding the perfect protein drink is not difficult at all. The local heath food store, and walmart type stores carry a variety of them. read the labels. low in fat, sugars and salt are what you are looking for.... I prefer vanilla so that I can flavor it up just the way I like it. Stock your pantry with natural flavors like vanilla, almond, cinnamon, stevia etc. some of my favorite recipes will be posted soon.

Fruit is always good to add to your protein drink. Fresh is best but frozen is an optional close second. I prefer the frozen because a little goes a long way, and the shelf life is a little longer.

Even though I drink a lot of protein shakes the doctoring of them for flavor breaks the monotony. Avoid using whole milk as a base. That's just added calories and fat and does very little for flavor.

I recently read an article that stated the Magic Bullet as one of the worst items to buy from infomercials because people buy them and never use them.  Well the Magic Bullet has been one of my personal favorite items purchased since starting this journey. In very little time I have my shakes blended perfectly, little to clean up and I make just enough. The author of the article apparently did not interview me. Besides the protein shakes I make salad dressings, sauces, and salsa.

No comments:

Post a Comment