Saturday, July 9, 2011

Dear Fat Cells,

First I want to thank you for being a good friend to me all of these years. You have been my comfort and joy. You have engulfed me, hugged me when I needed it, warmed me when I was cold. You surrounded me to keep me unattractive so as to not bring unwanted attention. You have loved me through good times and bad. For these reasons and many others, I thank you.

However: my dear fat cells, you have over stayed your welcome and it is time for you to go. Many of your friends have packed up and moved on, they got the hint. I'm writing this note because you seem to think that I owe you a debt of gratitude and that you have the right to stay here. While comforting me I didn't realize the havoc you were wreaking and creating in my world. You see before you got here, I didn't have aches and pains in my knees and joints. Prior to your arrival my skin cells lived in perfect harmony in a tightly interlocked group. My heart beat at a steady pace and kept the rest of the organs moving and doing their job well. My arteries never complained about anything. They were happy to be here. I realized that having you as a guest has truly upset all of my other guest. Since you don't bring any value to my world, I am not asking but demanding that you leave.

To ensure that you do so, I have resigned myself to make it extremely uncomfortable for you here. I will no longer indulge you when you insist that I pick up ice cream, pancakes, greasy or salty foods. Along with my aerobic activity I will increase the weights intensity and reps. I will continue to drink 64 oz or more of water to flush you out of my system. In return, I expect you to grab the leafy greens, whole grains, and fiber vessels for they will be your transportation out of here. I know this is a lot to grasp and you have a lot of members therefore I will reasonably expect you all to leave 2-3 at a time.

It is personal so take it as you may. So start packing. Take your high blood pressure, your sleep apnea, your aches and pains, your edema, and big mama appearance with you.

Sincerely,
Skinny girl trapped in fat cells body.

No comments:

Post a Comment