Monday, June 27, 2011

bungee jumping

I was talking to a friend of mine about this whole weight loss journey and my constant need to help others. Well I am the first to tell you that I have never literally bungee jumped before but this damn weight thing feels like it. The idea of strapping a cord to my body and jumping off something really high, like a bridge, is NOT my idea of a good time. Then the cord goes boing, boing, boing and your body is going ugh, ugh ,ugh. Yeah right, I'm all set.

Lets face it though. Everybody that I know is a bungee jumper when it comes to weight loss. I don't know of anyone that has lost a significant amount of weight and never gained any of it back. I know of people that has lost 100 pounds and gained back 120. boing, boing boing...ugh, ugh, ugh...

Some of us get back on track before it comes back and some of us don't even realize how out of control it can get. So not only is the waist yo-yoing, the psychological aspect is devastating as well. This can really wreak havoc on your pysche. I have seen some of the most successful people feel like a failure when it comes to this getting healthy lifestyle change. I have seen them beaten and feeling like they have been reduced to nothing for allowing this beast to be bigger than it is. I have seen people throw the scale out of the window and I've seen them cry like a baby over this thing. I have also witnessed the joy and pride one feels when they have accomplished a goal. The best is when you go to try on clothes and the attendant brings you a smaller size and it FITS. What a feeling, a RUSH....aahhhh.

The so called experts say the yo-yo dieting is not good for you and is horrible for the body. I am once again disclaiming being an expert but in MY opinion. the alternative is much worse. What choice do you have??? To give up? Heck no, I say - "look how long it took Ben Frankin to discover the electricity? Imagine if he would have given up...(okay- I'd be writing this in the dark, and wouldn't have a weight problem because of the manual labor.....just kidding)

Trying and failing is much better than not trying at all. Remember you are your next meal away from starting a healthy new you.

No comments:

Post a Comment